Four Channel Digital Audio Processor Expansion Card
for use with DCR-972/974 DigiCeiver®
The DAP-104 is a digital audio processor expansion card for ICP's Models DCR-972 and DCR-974 DigiCeiver® data/audio receivers. These cards are utilized when expansion with high quality audio capability is required in either data receiver. Both cards utilize ISO/MPEG Layer II coding and can provide mono, dual mono, stereo or joint stereo from a single digital stream up to 384 kbps.
The DAP-104 card contains two decoders providing up to four channels of audio. Each decoder provides a single RS-232 async data output at standard rates from 300 baud up to 19.2 kbps and four remotely controlled, opto-isolated, switch closures and an AES/EBU output.
The DCR-972/974 DigiCeiver® is a multi-function satellite broadcast receiver. To add audio capability, the DCR-972/974 chassis has two expansion slots which can accommodate up to two of the DAP-104 four channel cards. All cards are plug compatible with the expansion slots and are field insertable. Once installed, final operating configuration parameters are downloaded either over-the-network or through the receiver remote control port by the Network Control System (NCS). Audio outputs may be authorized or de-authorized at any time via in-band commands from the NCS. In addition to the basic data capability, a fully configured DCR-972/974 Chassis can provide a total of eight analog audio outputs, four RS-232 async data outputs, sixteen switch closures and four AES/EBU outputs.
- Channel Data Rates
- 64, 128, 192, 256, or 384 kbps
- Audio Coding
- MPEG 1 & MPEG 2, Layer II
- Network Control
- Provided by the ICP NCS system
- Ancillary Data
- Provides async data at standard rates from 300 baud up to 19.2 kbps. This channel is transmitted within each digital audio stream.
- Switch Closures
- Four remotely controlled switch closures (opto-isolated) provided with each decoder. Decoder authorization via in-band commands from the NCS.
- Audio Modes
- ISO/MPEG Layer II audio modes including: Mono, Dual Mono, Stereo, Joint Stereo
- Audio Bandwidth
- 20 Hz to 7.5, 11, 14.5, or 20 kHz depending on the mode of operations
- Audio Response
- Typically ±0.2 dB depending on the mode of operations
- Dynamic Range
- Typically 85 dB (A weighted). Option for 95 dB (A weighted) is also available
- Peak Level
- Clipping level is +18 dBu
- Analog Output Interface
- Electronically balanced, differential, analog output is provided
- Output Impedance
- Typically 50 Ohms (differential)
- Digital Output
- AES/EBU digital audio output is optionally available
- Package Type and Size
- Plug-in printed circuit board, approximately 7.2" x 7.2"
- Electrical Power
- Supplied by the receiver
- Audio Output Connectors
- Analog and digital outputs provided by 9 pin "D" type connectors
- Switch Closure and Ancillary Data Connector
- 25 pin "D" type connectors
Specification Subject to Change Without Notice